ADSM-L

Sql query for file listings.

2005-03-18 18:30:31
Subject: Sql query for file listings.
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:05:23 -0700
        Hmm,
        Couldn't find anything in the archives that would help me on
this. SQL scripting is my weakness.

        What I need to do is get a listing of all the files from a node
that are bound to a certain management class. This is not a problem,
however I'm not getting it in a format I can use easily.

        The simple SQL query looks something like this:

select NODE_NAME, FILESPACE_NAME, HL_NAME ,LL_NAME from archives where
class_name like 'DBDUMP_8DAY_MC' and NODE_NAME like 'NODE1'

        The problem is that on path names longer than 18 characters, it
wraps the output and makes it difficult to use/import/etc.

        I've put "set sqldisplaymode wide" on the front, but then the
output is in paragraph form, which also makes it difficult to use in an
Excel spreadsheet (the way the customer would like to use/sort the
listings).

        What I would like is output with the whole path to the files
listed, like all together as a path. Like this:

NODE1           /DUMP/p05r_1/RDB_BOSQLPROD05R.ISQL
NODE1           /DUMP/p05r_1/master.dump
NODE1           /DUMP/p05r_1/sa.dump
NODE1           /DUMP/p05r_2/model.dump

        Anyone a SQL genius out there?

Thanks,