ADSM-L

Re: Load tapes in "unavailable" storage pool?

2004-12-22 11:16:00
Subject: Re: Load tapes in "unavailable" storage pool?
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:15:31 -0600
Andy,

Thanks for the update.  I knew about that command; I use it frequently
against specific volumes - that's how the ones on the shelf got to
"unavailable".  I thought setting it for the entire storage pool would
accomplish the same thing.

Have a great holiday.

Tab

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 12/22/2004
10:12:23 AM:

> Hi Tab,
>
> If you review the TSM Administrator's Guide, you'll see in the chapter
> that talks about "Managing Storage Pools and Volumes" the following
> description for storage pool access modes:
>
> "User operations cannot get access to volumes in the storage pool. No
new
> writes are permitted to volumes in the storage pool from other volumes
> outside the storage pool. However, system processes (like reclamation)
are