ADSM-L

License counts

2004-12-14 14:30:36
Subject: License counts
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:21:40 -0600
TSM Server 5.1.9.0 on AIX 5.2
TSM Clients 5.1.6.0 and 5.1.7.0; mostly Windows and a few AIX
TSM for Mail / Domino 5.2

As the new year approaches it's time to renew our TSM licenses.  As I
understand the terms, any client that does not connect for more than 30(?)
days relinquishes its license for use by another node.

If I query the Nodes table, it shows that 128 nodes have connected to our
server over the last 90 days.

If I query TSM with Q LIC, it shows we have 148 active client licenses.
Running an Audit Lic does not change the client count.

Where are those 20 extra nodes coming from?

Thanks in advance.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram, L.L.C.