ADSM-L

Re: License counts

2004-12-14 15:25:40
Subject: Re: License counts
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:18:58 -0600
Mark,

I know about that; I put them in.  But the query reports that all of them
are in use:

  Number of Managed System for LAN in use: 148
  Number of Managed System for LAN licensed: 148

THAT'S what I'm trying to understand.

Thanks.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram, L.L.C.

"Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
12/14/2004 01:44 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: License counts

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Tab Trepagnier
>As the new year approaches it's time to renew our TSM
>licenses.  As I understand the terms, any client that does not
>connect for more than 30(?) days relinquishes its license for
>use by another node.
>
>If I query the Nodes table, it shows that 128 nodes have
>connected to our server over the last 90 days.
>
>If I query TSM with Q LIC, it shows we have 148 active client licenses.
>Running an Audit Lic does not change the client count.
>
>Where are those 20 extra nodes coming from?

148 is the number of licenses that TSM was told to license when it was
installed; whomever installed TSM told the machine that there were 148
client licenses (mgsyslan.lic) available.

Auditing the licenses will not change this number.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627