ADSM-L

Severed Connection to Client When Scheduling

2004-12-01 15:39:41
Subject: Severed Connection to Client When Scheduling
From: Douglas Dorr <dougdorr AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:24:29 -0800
Hello All
***********
I have noticed in the activity log of one of the TSM servers that the schedule
prompter is contacting the client, then the prompter's connection is severed,
and then the backup is started at the client.  This sequence is happening only
on one TSM server and appears to involve all the clients associated with that
server.  (My other server doesn't show the severed connection.)  Any ideas on
why the connection is severed?  Following is the sequence of actual messages.

11/30/04 18:00:12     ANR2561I Schedule prompter contacting XXXXX (session
459487)
                               to start a scheduled operation. (SESSION: 1)

11/30/04 18:00:12     ANR0480W Session 459487 for node XXXXX () terminated -
connection
                               with client severed. (SESSION: 1)

11/30/04 18:00:20     ANR0406I Session 459497 started for node XXXXX (NetWare)
                                Tcp/Ip xx.xx.xx.xx (52770)). (SESSION: 459497)

Thanks,
Doug Dorr