ADSM-L

Re: Overflow location

2004-12-01 14:35:40
Subject: Re: Overflow location
From: Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 00:44:55 +0500
Dear Steave,
Thanks but that does not talk about my scenario.

My scenario is that :
1- I have stg pool that has scratch volumes=9
2- Eventhough there are other scratch volumes avaiulble in the library but the
system won't use those because of limit in point 1.
3- My backups would fail because it is not picking up those scratch tapes.

NOW:
Are you suggesting that I should increase the number of scratch volumes and
still define/configure overflow location and all full tapes in storage poool
will be moved to that location, and other scratch volumes will be picked up by
TSM?
This way I will not run into full library situation ever.

Please enlighten me !

Kind Regards,
Sandra