ADSM-L

Re: EXPORT TO SERVER - wont

2004-11-29 16:04:53
Subject: Re: EXPORT TO SERVER - wont
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:47:19 -0500
Connectivity is not the problem.

I was able to successfully EXPORT the definitions but it refuses to do any
data.  I let it sit for 24+ hours. Could not kill it. Had to kill the
sending MVS TSM server.

I think it has something to do with the node being Novell Netware.

Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
11/29/2004 03:09 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
EXPORT TO SERVER - wont

> I am having an issue with EXPORT TO SERVER.
>
> This is a z/OS TSM server. Currently at 5.2.3.4.   I am trying to export
> this node to an AIX TSM server, also at 5.2.3.4.
>
> I have already exported thedefinitions and adjusted them for the proper
> storage-pool names, etc.
>
> But, I can not get the data to export, nor can I get the export to go
> away/cancel.

Have you checked the network connectivity between the AIX server and the
TCP/IP address space on z/OS? I recently ran into problems with server
to server exports on our 5.17.2 z/OS server, and eventually discovered
that we had network problems that the TSM server code was not reporting
in any comprehensible way.