ADSM-L

EXPORT TO SERVER - wont

2004-11-23 23:39:08
Subject: EXPORT TO SERVER - wont
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:37:03 -0500
I am having an issue with EXPORT TO SERVER.

This is a z/OS TSM server. Currently at 5.2.3.4.   I am trying to export
this node to an AIX TSM server, also at 5.2.3.4.

I have already exported thedefinitions and adjusted them for the proper
storage-pool names, etc.

But, I can not get the data to export, nor can I get the export to go
away/cancel.

I have now tried this 3-times.

Every time,  it issues the messages that it has started, but never mounts
a tape nor sends anything across. Even after waiting for 2-3 hours.

When I CANCEL the process, it stays in CANCEL IN PROGRESS state forever.
The only wayt to kill it is to HALT the TSM server itself.

Any clues on what gives ?

I have exported numerous nodes to other servers, in the past.

However, this is the first attempt under 5.2.3.4.   Never had any issues
with 5.1.8.0.