ADSM-L

Oracle TDP and RMAN

2004-11-23 10:06:16
Subject: Oracle TDP and RMAN
From: "Kowieski.Ingrid" <Ingrid.Kowieski AT WE-ENERGIES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:50:50 -0600
We are getting the following error message when running an RMAN backup
with the Oracle TDP (5.2.2.0):

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ORA_SBT_TAPE_1 channel at
11/23/2004 06
:59:02
ORA-19502: write error on file "DB_5tg5pt17_1_1", blockno 98817
(blocksize=512)
ORA-27030: skgfwrt: sbtwrite2 returned error
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
   ANS0266I (RC2302) The dsmEndTxn vote is ABORT, so check the reason
field.

I've searched online for both the 19502 and ANS02661 messages, but
really found no responses that are helpful.  Also, if I look the reason
code up in the manual (which looks to be RC2302 to me), it says the
following:

2302 I DSM_RC_CHECK_REASON_CODE
Explanation: After a dsmEndTxn call, the transaction is aborted by
either the server or client with a DSM_VOTE_ABORT and the reason is
returned.
System Action: The system returns to the calling procedure.
User Response: Check the reason field for the code which explains why
the transaction has been aborted.

Is anyone familiar with this error message and how it can be resolved?
Thanks for your time.

Ingrid