ADSM-L

Re: DB2 Backup offline on Winnt

2004-11-02 18:30:46
Subject: Re: DB2 Backup offline on Winnt
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:27:04 +1000
Sandra,

You really have jumped in at the deep end haven't you?  DB2, Oracle, offsite
all at once.
There is no need to shy away from DB2.  Its interface is reasonably
straightforward, and there is a redbook to tell you exactly how to set it up.

http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246247.html?Open

Regards

Steve

>>> sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK 02/11/2004 5:39:28 >>>
Dear All,
Since we don't have any DB2 Administrator therefore I am not going into taking
online backups of DB2. The application that is using DB2 taking DB2 backups by
first shutting doen the database and then taking backups using DB2 commands and
then starting the database. They keep this backedup database with them on tapes
and then rotation of tapes start.

Now I am going to automate only this backedup database by taking incremental
backups only.

Question:
For Database "A", what folders should I exclude so that I get all the
configuration of DB2 and then restoring database from those backups.
Do I have to shutdown DB2 before I take incremental backups of entire WINNT
machine?????

How about open file support on NT since there is no wizard to configure open
file support, and not even an option to select for image etc.?????

Please advise and Help !
Kind Regards,
Sandra

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s).  This confidentiality is not waived or
lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is
transmitted/received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this
email is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality
if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this email in
error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by telephone or by return
email.  You should also delete this email and destroy any hard copies produced.