ADSM-L

Re: DB2 Backup offline on Winnt

2004-11-03 12:30:47
Subject: Re: DB2 Backup offline on Winnt
From: Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 22:38:52 +0500
yes you are right !! and not only that .. but also Lotus .. just about to post
one question on the policy .. i am confusd in policy for retention.

Right now .. i want to just take backups of the backups taken by their
application. LAter on i will automate using TSM.

Can anyone kindly give me the knowledge as to what folders should i exclude
from backup if:
1- I have bd2 database backup with me.
2- System state backup with me.
3- I want to restore complete system with DB2, with DB2 database backup ONLY
availbale with me in a file.
4- What folders/files should i exclude from backup using BA Client, so that i
don't mess up with open databases.

Kind Regards,
Sandra