ADSM-L

Reported IP inconsistency

2004-10-08 10:56:04
Subject: Reported IP inconsistency
From: Kevin Kinder <Admin AT WVADMIN DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 10:56:20 -0400
I am running the following simple query.  Environment is TSM 5.1.7.0 MVS.

select -
  nodes.node_name as "Node Name",-
  nodes.tcp_address as "IP Address",-
  concat(concat(concat(concat(varchar(nodes.client_version),'.'), -
  concat(varchar(nodes.client_release),'.')), -
  concat(varchar(nodes.client_level),'.')), -
  concat(varchar(nodes.client_sublevel),'')) as "Client Ver", -
  nodes.url as "URL",-
from nodes -
order by nodes.node_name

The nodes.url field returns the values that have been manually entered for that
node. (These are the correct IP addresses.)  However, in some instances, the
value returned from nodes.tcp_address are different.  For example:

Node Name        IP Address       Client Ver   URL

BRIMSERVER2   10.200.80.38   5.2.0.0      http://10.200.19.133:1581
FINSERVER2      10.200.13.4     5.2.0.0      http:10.200.71.100:1581

I believe this problem shows up whenever the client node has had its IP address
changed.  The IP address is the original address of the server.  It has since
been given a new IP address, but for some reason this field doesn't change or
get updated.  It does not appear to affect the backup process, but I'd like to
get this corrected.  I can't see how to edit this field - any ideas?  Thanks in
advance!

-----
Kevin Kinder
304-558-5914  x1988