ADSM-L

Re: Reported IP inconsistency

2004-10-08 13:45:10
Subject: Re: Reported IP inconsistency
From: Kevin Kinder <Admin AT WVADMIN DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:47:04 -0400
Thanks Daniel.  I can update the URL value with no problem, and it reflects the
changes when I run the query.  However, even after stopping and restarting the
TSM scheduler (whether on Novell or Windows clients), the tcp_address value
does not change.  Any other ideas? Do I need to reboot the client machine?

>>> Daniel.Sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE 10/8/04 11:03:44 AM >>>
Hi Kevin

The URL is a static value, set by the TSM administrator. TSM doesnt change
this value in the case that the IP-adress of the client changes. Only the
tcpadress changes on a client change.

You can change the URL value by selecting "Updating node", and then "URL".

The tcpadress value will change as soon as you restart the TSM scheduler
service. It will then update the entry with the new value.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Chef Utveckling & Drift
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

Kevin Kinder <Admin AT WVADMIN DOT GOV>
2004-10-08 16:56
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Reported IP inconsistency

I am running the following simple query.  Environment is TSM 5.1.7.0 MVS.

select -
  nodes.node_name as "Node Name",-
  nodes.tcp_address as "IP Address",-
  concat(concat(concat(concat(varchar(nodes.client_version),'.'), -
  concat(varchar(nodes.client_release),'.')), -
  concat(varchar(nodes.client_level),'.')), -
  concat(varchar(nodes.client_sublevel),'')) as "Client Ver", -
  nodes.url as "URL",-
from nodes -
order by nodes.node_name

The nodes.url field returns the values that have been manually entered for
that node. (These are the correct IP addresses.)  However, in some
instances, the value returned from nodes.tcp_address are different.  For
example:

Node Name        IP Address       Client Ver   URL

BRIMSERVER2   10.200.80.38   5.2.0.0      http://10.200.19.133:1581
FINSERVER2      10.200.13.4     5.2.0.0      http:10.200.71.100:1581

I believe this problem shows up whenever the client node has had its IP
address changed.  The IP address is the original address of the server. It
has since been given a new IP address, but for some reason this field
doesn't change or get updated.  It does not appear to affect the backup
process, but I'd like to get this corrected.  I can't see how to edit this
field - any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

-----
Kevin Kinder
304-558-5914  x1988