ADSM-L

Re: monitoring performance from tape? [Virus checked]

2004-10-07 12:42:00
Subject: Re: monitoring performance from tape? [Virus checked]
From: Jonathan Siegle <jsiegle AT PSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:44:33 -0400
Frank Mueller wrote:
Hi,

what is the way to monitor the performance from a scsi-adapter and the tape
drive.
I can observe disks, network, cpu performance with some tools (topas,
vmstat, iostat, ....), but I cannot see the really datarate from a tape.
Reason is: We chnage 3590 type B to 3590 drives type E. The type E is
faster, but what is the way to monitor this?

Frank,
        iostat -a in AIX 5 will solve your problem. I don't know how to do this
with AIX 4.

-Jonathan