ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Incremental Backup

2004-10-06 15:20:35
Subject: Re: Exchange Incremental Backup
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:23:05 -0400
Tim,

You can also set up different management classes for your
incremental backups. Look in chapter 3 of the 5.2.1 User's Guide
under a section titled:
   "Data Protection for Exchange Version 5.2.1 INCLUDE/EXCLUDE Processing"
It explains how to set this up.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/06/2004
11:36:24 AM:

> We are using Data Protection for Exchange 5.2.1.0 to backup Exchange
2000.

> We currently do nightly Full backups and have the TSM policy with Retain
> Extra Versions = Retain Only Versions = 35.
>

> We are looking into doing incremental backups throughout the day to
provide
> for better protection.  We currently have transaction logs and the
Exchange