ADSM-L

Re: D2D vs. tape backups with TSM?

2004-08-09 15:23:45
Subject: Re: D2D vs. tape backups with TSM?
From: "Levinson, Donald A." <dlevinso AT ACSALASKA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 11:23:18 -0800
I am trying for a best performance scenario combined with data
protection because the pool may hold data for up to a week.
I had considered a stgpool that spans all the disks with mirrored
partitions versus using hardware ssaraid. or using individual
filesystems with predefined volumes using mirrored partitions. my
current SSA adapters do not have fast-write cache but I will have access
to those adapters soon.