ADSM-L

Re: D2D vs. tape backups with TSM?

2004-08-02 12:00:39
Subject: Re: D2D vs. tape backups with TSM?
From: "Mueller, Ken" <KMueller AT MCARTA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 12:00:09 -0400
To add one more ingredient to the 'it all depends' performance soup - it's
not really sequential vs random reads - it's one sequential read stream vs
multiple sequential read streams. Depending upon the OS/disk subsystem,
read-ahead caching would be performed on each stream and reduce the amount
of head movement required.

Ken Mueller
Magna Carta Companies