ADSM-L

Re: TDP Informix - copygroup retention values on Server?

2004-07-22 11:01:08
Subject: Re: TDP Informix - copygroup retention values on Server?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:23:50 -0400
A few thoughts...

Keep in mind that Data Protection for Informix is
an API which implements the Open Group Backup Services
application program interface (Open Group XBSA) functions.
Data Protection for Informix does not provide a CLI or GUI
because the interface is provided from Informix.
Backups and restore are driven through Informix with
a utility that Informix provides called ON-Bar.

As far as object expiration...
For database backups, general TSM policy is used.
So... use a policy for database backups that meets our needs.
Log backups are uniquely named... you can use an Informix tool
called onsmsync to control expiration of the log backups.

There is an IBM KB article that discusses expiration of Informix
logs on a TSM server. Go to WWW.IBM.COM and Search for
   +"Data Protection for Informix" +expire

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/21/2004
04:16:01 PM: