ADSM-L

DSMCAD problems on RedHat 3.0 Enterprise

2004-07-16 13:48:26
Subject: DSMCAD problems on RedHat 3.0 Enterprise
From: Curt Watts <cwatts AT CAPCOLLEGE.BC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:40:47 -0700
Hi All,
  I have not been able to get the linux DSMCAD agent to run
successfully on a RHEL 3.0 installation.  I have made sure that all the
packages are up to date for what is required.  The client server can see
(ping) the target server and vice versa.  The other linux servers have
the behaviour (when viewing the process tree) of spawning a parent
process with 2 or 3 child nodes, however, I only seem to be getting the
parent process on the RHEL server.

TSM Server 5.2.1.2
Linux Client 5.2.2.6

Packages:
> Linux kernel 2.4.x                (for x=2 or higher)
 2.4.21-15.0.2.EL

> glibc 2.2.x                       (for x=2 or higher)
glibc-2.3.2-95.20

>libstdc++ 2.9.x                   (for x=6 or higher)
libstdc++-3.2.3-34

>RPM 3.0.x or 4.0                  (for x=0 or higher)
rpm-4.2.2-0.14

>Linux distributions that fulfill these requirements include:
>RHEL 3.0 (*)
>(* you need to install the compat-gcc-c++-7.3-2.96.122.i386.rpm)

I had originally installed compat-gcc-c++-7.3-2.96.128 but uninstalled
it and installed the .122.  Neither made a difference.

Has anyone run across this before?!?

TIA,
  Curt

Curt Watts