ADSM-L

Re: Novell server abending during incr backup

2004-07-09 10:30:48
Subject: Re: Novell server abending during incr backup
From: Ted Byrne <ted.byrne AT ADELPHIA DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:26:39 -0400
One thing you might want to consider:  given the number of files that TSM
is processing (as shown in the dsmsched.log excerpt you sent) it's
conceivable that the backup is taxing the amount of available memory on the
Netware box.  You could try backing up with the MEMORYEFficientbackup
option set to yes.

If that does not provide any relief, or if the backups are already running
with that option, you should probably get in touch with IBM support and
asking for assistance.  They may have you do some tracing that would
provide a more detailed picture of what is occurring.At this point, I would
recommend getting in touch with IBM support and asking for
assistance.  They may have you do some tracing that would provide a more
detailed picture of what is occurring.

-Ted