ADSM-L

Re: Tsm restore

2004-07-09 10:24:28
Subject: Re: Tsm restore
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 08:08:15 -0600
The command line interface does not provide this functionality, but if it
is important to you, I don't see why you couldn't simulate it . Someone
with shell scripting skills could probably come up with a script that
parses the output from the "dsmc query filespace" command, then issues the
individual "dsmc restore <blah>" commands automatically. This will work
best if you collocate by file space; otherwise one restore could end up
contending for the same tape with another restore.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/09/2004
06:41:18: