ADSM-L

Problems with TDP install

2004-07-01 12:11:51
Subject: Problems with TDP install
From: Moses Show <Moses.Show AT STPAUL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:16:50 +0100
Hi, I have just installed TDP for SQL 5.2 but am having a few problems
getting it to work correctly. We have standard files which post install
are copied from a different  server into the installation directory on the
machine it has just been installed on. The files contain our default
setting for sqlfull.cmd, dsm.opt and tdpsql.cfg. However when attempting
to copy these files into the installation directory I encounter a problem.
For eah of the three files I get the same message from Windows......Could
not copy XXX.YYY. Access denied. Source file may be in use........I don't
have any  mapped network connections to the server where I keep the
standard files so am confused as to why I get this message. Has anyone
experienced this before or indeed does anyone know how to circumnavigate
this problem.

all help gratefully received.
This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained
herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure,
copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY
PROHIBITED.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete the original and all
copies of the communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein,
from your system.

The St. Paul Travelers e-mail system made this annotation on 07/01/2004,
12:11:31 PM.