ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Oracle 5.2 password file

2004-07-01 11:57:43
Subject: Re: TDP for Oracle 5.2 password file
From: Neil Rasmussen <rasmussn AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 08:57:25 -0700
Janusz,

On Windows passwordaccess needs to be set to generate and unset the
TDPO_NODE in the tdpo.opt file....TDP Oracle uses the nodename specified
in the dsm.opt or the machine name if not specified in the dsm.opt. On
Windows the password is stored in the registry so you will not see a
TDPO.nodename like in Unix. Once you make these changes, run "tdpoconf
passw" again (this should generate your pw in the registry) and then try
to run "tdpoconf showenv" to see if that clears the password problem up.

Regards,

Neil Rasmussen
Software Development
Data Protection for Oracle

Janusz Wiszniowski <Janusz.Wiszniowski AT CCS DOT PL>
07/01/2004 08:04 AM
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
TDP for Oracle 5.2 password file

Hi TSM'ers

I have problem with generating TDP for Oracle password file on Win2003. My
TDP version is 5.2.0. In the dsm.opt file PASSWORDACCESS is set to PROMPT,
also TDPO_NODE is set in tdpo.opt file. Tdpoconf logs in correctly to TSM
server, I can set the password, but it doesn't generate TDPO.nodename file
in default directory.  When I run tdpoconf showenv it returns error
"Session rejected. Authentication failure".
Any ideas?

Regards

Janusz