ADSM-L

Re: move TSM server

2004-06-26 06:58:55
Subject: Re: move TSM server
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 12:58:33 +0200
On Jun 25, 2004, at 16:20, György Hegedüs wrote:

Hi,

I should move the TSM server (on Windows 2000) to new hardware. Where can I
find a writings about it? Can anybody point me?
How can I export/import the configuration, etc.

what I did last time on AIX (Should not be different on Win2k)

1- dsmfmt the db and logfiles on the new server, copy the dsmserv.opt file, edit it a bit to fit new config
2- disable sessions and schedules on the old server
3- backup db on the old server, backup volhist
4- connect tapedrives to the new server, whith fc drives this can happen a bit erlier on
5- restore db on the new server
6- party-time

Thanks in advance.

György Hegedus
Megatrend 2000 Rt.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going
to end."                                       -- Douglas Adams