ADSM-L

Re: Backing up MS Exchange

2004-05-21 09:12:37
Subject: Re: Backing up MS Exchange
From: Copperfield Adams <Copperfield.Adams AT WWAVRC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:05:13 +0100
Del

Yes, We are using the virtual server name, the databases appear on the list to
backup, then error is then generated when we hit enter.

We have done everything by the book with regards to cluster configuration.

Regards

C. Adams
IT Support Analyst
WRC Holdings Limited
+44 (0)208 735 8408  (Direct)
+44 (0)208 735 7408  (Fax)
adacop AT wwavrc.co DOT uk

solely for the individual(s) or entity(s) to whom it is addressed.  Any views
or opinions presented or expressed herein, are those of the author(s), and may
not necessarily represent those of WWAV Rapp Collins Group or it's affiliates
and representatives.  No representation is given nor any liability accepted for
the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in this email unless
expressly stated to the contrary. Neither is any liability accepted for any
damage or financial or personal loss howsoever caused as a result of using the
information or data contained within this email.

If you are not the intended recipient(s) and/or have received this email in
error, you may not use, disseminate, store, forward, print or copy it, in any
method or form, either digital or otherwise.  You must delete it completely
from your system(s) and notify the sender that you received it, so we can
ensure it does not happen again.

Registered Office: 1 Riverside, Manbre Road, London UK, W6 9WA.  Registered in
England No. 1581935

>>> hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM 05/21/04 01:50pm >>>
Copperfield,

Are you using the "/EXCSERVER=virtual-exchange-server-name"
command-line option? When running in a clustered environment,
you need to specify the name of the virtual Exchange server name.

For example, from the CLI it would be:
   TDPEXCC BACKUP * FULL /EXCSERVER=EXCVIRTSERV

For the GUI, it would be:
   TDPEXC /EXCSERVER=EXCVIRTSERV

There are some other things to keep in mind when running in
a clustered environment. Please refer to the User's Guide
under the section the Chapter 1 called: "Running Data Protection
for Exchange on a Microsoft Cluster Server (MSCS)"

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/21/2004
05:55:15 AM:

> Morning/ Afternoon all,
>
> We are currently implementing MS Exchange 2003 (on Windows Server
> 2003 cluster environment). We have a Windows 2000 server running TSM
> Server 5.2.2.4 and TSM Client 5.2.2.10 on client nodes and TDP for
> Exchange 5.2.1.
> When we invoke a job to backup Exchange db the job does not start
> and returns an error:
>
> ACN5798E MS Exchange API HRESEBACKUPRESTOREGETREGISTERED() failed
> with HRESULT: 0xc7ff07d7 -
>
> Does anyone have any experience of this error or, better still, know
> how to fix it?
>
> Many thanks for any response.
>
> C. Adams
> IT Support Analyst