ADSM-L

ZenWorks for Desktops, 6.5 Clusters & SAN

2004-02-11 11:44:08
Subject: ZenWorks for Desktops, 6.5 Clusters & SAN
From: Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:45:56 -0600

Big changes are coming to my company on the network side.  These changes include ZenWorks for Desktops and Novell Cluster Services with a SAN.  Currently our TSM Server is version 5.1.7 on an MVS/OS390 and backs-up many clients of assorted platforms and a couple of Domino TDPs.   Now all but one of the Novell servers will be going to the Cluster Services with the SAN.  Yesterday I was approached by the project manager to draw up a plan for backing up the SAN and ZenWorks.  Said that they would probably have to go with Veritas because of the Snapshot capability.  Does anyone out there already have this type of environment?  If so how are you handling the backups?  Somehow I can't imagine TSM not being able to back up anything.  Is it a matter of using both TSM & Veritas?  Does anyone know where I can find some documents on this subject?  Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. & nbsp;
Thank you,
Shannon

Shannon Bach
Madison Gas & Electric Co.
Operations Analyst - Data Center Services
e-mail sbach AT mge DOT com