ADSM-L

Re: Schedule Configuration

2004-02-03 06:35:09
Subject: Re: Schedule Configuration
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 15:32:49 -0500

For your weekly full backups, run archives with a retention of 2 weeks.
Then the daily incrementals with the appropriate copygroup settings (7
active, 7 inactive?, retainextra 30?, retainlast 90?) for what you want out
of those.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

Think twice, type once.

|         |           Robert Ouzen     |
|         |           <rouzen AT UNIV DOT HAIF|
|         |           A.AC.IL>         |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM:  |
|         |           Dist Stor        |
|         |           Manager"         |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           .EDU>            |
|         |           02/01/2004 02:19 |
|         |           "ADSM: Dist Stor |
|         |           Manager"         |

  |       To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                                       |
  |       cc:
                                                                |
  |       Subject:  Schedule Configuration

Hi to all

Need to schedule once a week a full backup of File systems on my Aix
clients
and in between Incremental backups. Want to keep my full backup for 3
Versions and my Incremental for 7 Versions.

I thought to create 2 Managements Class said:   Fullmgm   with backup copy
group of 3 versions to keep

Incrmgm  with backup copy group of 7 versions to keep

Did is a way to do it without creating 2 nodes when each node will point to
another management class and 2 scheduler . I can't figure how to do it with
just one node ?????

Any suggestions will be appreciate ……..

Regards
Robert Ouzen