ADSM-L

Re: Schedule Configuration

2004-02-02 09:40:16
Subject: Re: Schedule Configuration
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 07:38:23 -0700
This will not work. Robert is effectively asking if he can manage a given
node's files with two different sets of management criteria. This is not
possible with TSM, since all backup versions of a file must be managed by
the same criteria. Thus when the backup versions are rebound to FULLMGM,
you will expire the least recent four backup versions that were created
when the files were bound to the INCRMGM; this would be undesirable.

Two nodes are needed to manage backup versions in this fashion.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
02/02/2004 02:24
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Schedule Configuration

Hi

I think for resolving this issue to ceate on my dsm.sys two stenza
  1. servername A with an inclexcl  management fullmgm
  2. severname  B  with an inclexl   management incrmgm

To create  two dsm.opt ( dsm_full.opt and dsm_incr.opt)
  1. dsm_full.opt  with servername A
  2. dsm_incr.opt with servername B

And to lauch:
    1. dsmc s -optfile=dsm_full.opt ………