ADSM-L

Re: moving from one NIC to another - Novell IPX

2003-10-22 11:53:15
Subject: Re: moving from one NIC to another - Novell IPX
From: Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj AT EDNET.NS DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:51:32 -0300
Jack,

Why not use TCP/IP to communicate with the TSM server?

Coats, Jack wrote:
Windows 2K, TSM 4.2.3.1

We have been using a fibre NIC and want to move our server to a copper gig
nic.
It is installed and working.  I have the TCPIP traffic going to it.  But I
have some
OLD Novell clients (Novell 4.11) that I cannot seem to get to use the new
NIC.

I updated the IPXSERVERADDRESS in the dsm.opt to point to the new NIC on the
server, but communications still seems to come in over the fibre NIC.

We want to free up the fibre nic for use with other equipment that does not
have
a copper NIC capability (some CISCO switches that only have fiber gig GBIC,
at
least for what we have).

Any suggestions would help. ... Jack