ADSM-L

Library config on OS/400 PASE

2003-10-13 06:34:38
Subject: Library config on OS/400 PASE
From: Kolbeinn Josepsson <Kolbeinn.Josepsson AT NYHERJI DOT IS>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:32:52 +0000
Hi TSMers,

I am working on TSM installation on OS/400 and there is one thing where I
am not sure how to manage:

There are two ways to configure Automated Library in TSM on OS/400 PASE:
AS400MLB (TSM manages the Library) and USRDEF (Library is managed by
external media management system).

The question is: When one uses both TSM (PASE) and BRMS on same OS/400
partition, is it possible to use the AS400MLB configuration, or is the
only way to use USRDEF configuration?

In my case, TSM do not need access to the library when BRMS is using it
(with exeption if BRMS needs to restore at the time TSM is using the
library).

ITSM Server version: 5.2 OS/400 PASE
Library type: IBM 3583