ADSM-L

Re: Multiple paths to library changer on 3584 LTO

2003-08-15 11:32:46
Subject: Re: Multiple paths to library changer on 3584 LTO
From: "Anderson F. Nobre" <afnobre AT UOL.COM DOT BR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:32:33 -0300
Hi,

This is a good question. If you look at the IBM Ultrium Users Guide, on the
page 23, it tells that once you enable the control paths by two drive units,
and you see in the AIX /dev/smc0 and /dev/smc1. You can enable through the
Atape device driver, the alternate pathing feature by doing this:
# chdev -l smc0 -aalt_pathing=yes
# chdev -l smc1 -aalt_pathing=yes

I did this in one 3584 but there wasn't this attribute in the pseudo device.
You can try and then tell me if it worked.

For more information, get the manual here:
ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/Doc/IBM_ultrium_tape_IUG.pdf

Regards,

Anderson