ADSM-L

Re: Active Directory Domain Controller Backup Failure

2003-07-04 02:03:20
Subject: Re: Active Directory Domain Controller Backup Failure
From: "Bock, Kris" <Kris.Bock AT QR.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 15:47:30 +1000
        Mehdi,

          I too have experienced the problem of 'ANS1301E Server detected
system error'.  I don't believe that this is an AD problem, however, as I had
this occur on member servers (COM+DB, and Registry objects).  A quick
check/solution is to rename the 'SYSTEM OBJECT' filespace to 'SYSTEM OBJECT
OLD' and then reattempt the backup.  This solved my problem and, to me,
indicated a corrupt filespace.  I was able to delete one of the affected
client's bad filespace, however I ran into problems removing another (ongoing
DB corruption problem).

        Cheers,
          K.B.

Kris Bock
Storage Consultant
Information Services Division
QR
mailto:kris.bock AT qr.com DOT au
Phone: 07 3235-3610
Fax:   07 3235-3620

you have received this email in error please notify the system manager of QR.

This message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. No warranty
is given that this message upon its receipt is
virus free and no liability is accepted by the sender in this respect.

This email is a message only; does not constitute advice and should not be
relied upon as such.