ADSM-L

atape driver fails after enabling 64-bit kernel on AIX

2003-06-22 16:29:54
Subject: atape driver fails after enabling 64-bit kernel on AIX
From: Miles Purdy <PURDYM AT FIPD.GC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 15:29:26 -0500
Hi folks,

TSM server on AIX
TSM server 5.1.6.4
AIX 5.1 ML 4
64 hardware (6H1)

I have successfully upgraded my TSM AIX server to 5.1 ML4. When I enabled the
64-bit kernel the rmt and smc devices come up as defined and not available. The
TSM server will start. The problem, I think, is the atape driver, I have
8.2.1.0. I'm sure there is an easy fix, can someone help me? My temporary fix
was to enable the 32-bit kernel.

Thanks Miles

Miles Purdy
System Manager
Information Systems Team (IST),
Farm Income Programs Directorate (FIPD),
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Winnipeg, MB, CA
Office contact:                                            Mobile contact:
 purdym AT fipd.gc DOT ca                                      purdym AT
rogers.blackberry DOT net
 ph: (204) 984-1602 fax: (204) 983-7557        Cell: (204) 291-8758

"If you hold a UNIX shell up to your ear, can you hear the C?"