ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.1 on linux kernel

2003-06-13 02:17:11
Subject: Re: TSM 5.1 on linux kernel
From: Radoslav Bendik <bendik AT NS.HTC DOT SK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:17:07 +0200
On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Alexander Lazarevich wrote:

> When I read in the manual for TSM install, it said that TSM requires the
> 2.4.9-31(smp) kernel. I figured that meant that kernel or newer. Boy was I
> wrong. I'm trying to install drivers for my Overland library and drives,
> and it's giving me the: "The supported kernel levels are 2.4.9-31..."

Hi.

I think if they want to have closed source driver, they could do it like
NVidia does for their graphics driver. It is divided into two parts.
Kernel independent binary module and wrapper module, which is open source
and kernel version dependent and anyone can compile it with (almost) any
version of linux kernel.

Isn't it a way for IBM?

--
rado b