ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.1 on linux kernel

2003-06-12 13:25:32
Subject: Re: TSM 5.1 on linux kernel
From: Geert De Pecker <gedp AT SOFICO DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:31:33 +0200
Alex,

I had the same problem and was very amazed that IBM, which I consider
as a BIG linux promotor, does not maintain the tivoli for linux on an
acceptable level.

We had to go back to the specified kernel to get the scsi utilities
working (IBMtape, tsmscsi).

After trying with 8.0, we finally went back to the RH7.3 with the
2.4.9-31smp kernel.

Big joke: that kernel did not recognize the ethernet card from the IBM
X225 !!!! I ended with inserting an intel card.

As this kernel version seems to work with the drives and library, I plan
to stick onto this one and hope IBM will soon release a better version.

Regards,

Geert