ADSM-L

Re: Problems with backup image of a raw volume

2003-03-28 15:20:36
Subject: Re: Problems with backup image of a raw volume
From: Manuel Sanchez <manuel_j_sanchez AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:19:59 -0800
Thanks for your answers.
The problem I was having was that I am doing a backup
image of a Veritas raw volume, which in my case does
not have any file system mounted on.
TSM support told me that I had to have a stanza on my
/etc/vfstab, and I did. Wrong!
Later today I found IC30218, where it says your backup
image fails if there is an stanza on /etc/filesystems,
which is the AIX equivalent of Solaris /etc/vfstab.
If the file system you are doing the backup image is a
cooked file system you have to use backup image
/filesystem_name, and it will need to have an stanza
on /etc/filesystems or /etc/vfstab, depending on you
OS. For raw file systems you use backup image
/dev/vx/dsk/ssadg/fn_cache0, and not stanza.
My raw volume backup is running now.
I hope you understood my explanation.
Thanks!

--- Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU> wrote:
> >ANS1063E Invalid path specification
>
> Manuel - That message most often indicates
> inadequate rights/permissions
>          to perform the operation.  Check that as
> most probably cause.
>
>   Richard Sims, BU

=====
<P>Thanks,</P>