ADSM-L

Returned mail - Repost

2003-03-28 09:49:16
Subject: Returned mail - Repost
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 06:48:52 -0800
For whatever reason I had this returned to me saying I was not authorized to
send to the list so I'm going to try again.

A few questions to help me with a document I need to put together and verify
my own beliefs. Don't want to put out bogus info.

1. If you do not have the volhist file, but you do have all the tapes, is it
possible to restore the "last" dbbackup to the TSM server?

2. Is it possible to restore the DB to a server if you don't have an admin
user and password?

3. Is there a utility to read any tapes outside of TSM?

4. Any other special considerations I need to know?

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154