ADSM-L

Re: TSM Client OS Availability

2003-03-27 22:30:04
Subject: Re: TSM Client OS Availability
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 22:29:53 -0500
Rob,

Not quite...at least from IBM.  ROC software has (had?) Backpack i/X,
which could use a TSM server as a repository.  We found the bad news was
that it cost about as much as the TSM code did.

Things may have changed...last time I looked at it was about a year ago.

I've used Backpack in a past life, and had good luck with it.  If you can
get past the sticker price, I would expect that it would perform well.

Good luck!

-Lloyd

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:24:38 -0600
Rob Hefty <R.Hefty AT LABSAFETY DOT COM> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Is anyone know if a TSM client is available for MPE version 7 OS on a
> HP3000 node?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
                     Registered Linux User 285528
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter AT snrgy DOT com
             Main:585-389-1260    fax:585-389-1267