ADSM-L

Re: schedule help

2003-03-27 23:56:46
Subject: Re: schedule help
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:10:39 +1000
Paul,

First up talk to your friendly local hardware broker and update your F50 to
4way 332 MHz and 3GB of memory.  F50 parts are dirt cheap these days.

Steve.

>>> PCoviello AT ELLIOT-HS DOT ORG 28/03/2003 5:10:27 >>>
Hi,  we trying to tune the schedule so that processes don't overlap and was
curious on how others are pulling this off.

        our environment  F50 2 processors  AIX 4.3.3 ML10   TSM 4.1.1
                        approx 500 gb disk space and another 150 gb to bring
online.
                        ATL tape library with 4 dlt 7000 tape drives
                        client nightly backup data is about 200 gb

        our disk to tape backup takes 6.5 hours alone
        our clients run from 6:00 pm to 6:00am

        and right now we have schedules running from 3:00 am to 1:00 am with
alot of overlaps
                i.e.: reclamations and migration at the same time, also
backups with migrations.

        I was able to schedule everything on paper from 6:00 am to 1:00 am
but again we have clients doing their backups from 6:00 pm

        we are going to 5.1.6.2, this weekend,  which should help with multi
threading  I hope!

        any thoughts would greatly be appreciated.

        Thanks

        Paul Coviello

This e-mail, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential
and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality
is not waived or lost if you receive it and you are not the intended
recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/ received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review
of this e-mail is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of
confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this
e-mail in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by
telephone or by return e-mail.  You should also delete this e-mail
message and destroy any hard copies produced.