ADSM-L

Re: Disaster recovery test

2003-03-16 10:29:04
Subject: Re: Disaster recovery test
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:25:07 +0200
Jack,

it was discussed many times on this list (and with inclusion of DRM in
ITSM XE will be even more):
When DRM is used let it handle expiration of DB backup tapes. Otherwise
deletion through "del volh t=dbb" would shift off-site inventory and tapes
could stay in the vault instead of recalled onsite. And your suggestion
for "todate=today-2" may get exactly this.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
08.03.2003 17:26