ADSM-L

STK L700 upgrade from 6 to 8 tape drives

2003-03-14 10:01:42
Subject: STK L700 upgrade from 6 to 8 tape drives
From: Tom Molloy <tmolloy AT COX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:45:13 -0500
We just upgraded our STK L700 library from 6 DLT8000 drives to 8 DLT8000
drives. When reinstalling the TSM Solaris device drivers it only recognizes 6
of the 8 tape drives. It recognizes 1 of the new ones and drops one of the
preexisting ones. We verified that the tape drives where working from the OS.
Each sbus card controls 2 drives and has the target id's set to 1 and 0 on each
card.

Anyone else had this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Environment: TSM Server 5.1.5.1 - Sun Ultra Enterprise 4500, 4 GB RAM, OS:
Solaris 2.7, Library: Storage Tek L700, 8 - DLT8000 drives SCSI attached.

Thank You in advance.

Tom Molloy
Textron Financial Corporation
Information Systems