ADSM-L

Knowledge of node's password is not mandatory (was Re: On which volumes are my files?)

2003-01-07 12:19:01
Subject: Knowledge of node's password is not mandatory (was Re: On which volumes are my files?)
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 02:07:57 +0200
--> ... and know the client's password ...

This is not mandatory!
Every administrator with node owner (or system) authority can use
nodename/virtualnodename option authenticating to the server with
admin_id/admin_pwd instead of node_id/node_pwd. The wording from
Administrator's Reference, "GRAnt AUTHority" command:
"A user with client owner authority can access a web backup-archive client
through the web client interface and also access their data from another
client using the -NODENAME parameter"
This also helps avoid force-change of generated node's password. I've done
it many times myself.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>