ADSM-L

Help! Disaster in progress

2002-11-23 14:35:46
Subject: Help! Disaster in progress
From: Paolo Nasca <paolo.nasca AT INWIND DOT IT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 20:36:02 +0100
Hi guru
This is my scenario:

TSM server (v4.2.1.9) on windows 2000.
In the drive C:, I have installed the operative system and a disk storage
pool (called DIRECTORY) reserved for the “path information” (via DIRMC
DIRECTORY client option) and the “sql meta data” (via include/exclude option
INCLUDE *:\…\meta\…\* DIRECTORY).

The “real” data are on the tape storage pool.
I have also the backup of the TSM DB on the tape.

In the drive D:, I have put the TSM DB e TSM recovery log.

This is the problem: windows 2000 doesn’t boot!!
If I reinstalled the operative system on the drive C:, I would loose
DIRECTORY storage pool.

What will it happen after restoring the TSM DB from a backup?
I will access the data on the tape storage pool, but this data will be
incomplete without the DIRECTORY storage pool.

Thanks a lot.
Paolo Nasca
Datasys Informatica SpA
Via Edilio Raggio, 4