ADSM-L

Re: Cleanup for APAR IC32075

2002-11-12 10:21:16
Subject: Re: Cleanup for APAR IC32075
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:27:14 -0500
> The procedures are undocumented and should be done only with the
> assistance of support.
>
> What kind of run-around are you getting? It certainly should NOT be
> because the problem client happens to be running 4.1, as the version
> number is immaterial.

I called support Thursday afternoon and was told that someone would be
calling back shortly. No one called in the several remaining hours of
my workday. When I arrived Friday I found a voice mail message from
a support person giving his direct number and asking me to call him
there. I called, got his voice mail, and left a message requesting him
to call back. He never called on Friday. I left another message Monday
morning. When he had not called by mid-afternoon I called the main
support number and was informed that I had not gotten a response
because I had not called the main number to requeue after I get the
message on Friday morning. In short, IBM gave me explicit instructions
to do one thing and then blamed subsequent delays on my failure to
do a completely different thing.

I finally made contact with a support person this morning and got the
problem fixed.