ADSM-L

Cleanup for APAR IC32075

2002-11-11 15:46:19
Subject: Cleanup for APAR IC32075
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:48:59 -0500
I have a Windows 2000 client system that is unable to do backups because
of the problem described in APAR IC32075. The client has 4.1 client
software. I connected to the TSM server from my own desktop machine,
using the virtualnodename option to log on as the client. My desktop
has 5.1 client software. Even though I only performed queries, sessions
from the real client are failing with the message:

ANR0428W Session 60077 for node XXXXXXXXX (WinNT) refused -
         client is down-level with this server version.

TSM support has been giving me the run-around since Thursday. Are
instructions for resetting the client level in the TSM database
available from any other source?