ADSM-L

Re: TSM for Mail with Lotus Domino R6 on Linux platform.

2002-11-06 13:28:55
Subject: Re: TSM for Mail with Lotus Domino R6 on Linux platform.
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 13:26:05 -0500
Keith,

The new version of ITSM for Mail
Data Protection for Lotus Domino,
version 5.1.5 supports Domino R6 on Linux.

Data Protection for Domino 5.1.5 supports
Turbo Linux 6.0, Red Hat 7.1, 7.2, and SuSE 7.2
but Domino R6 only supports RedHat 7.2 and SuSe 8.0.

So, for Domino R6 on Linux, Data Protection for
Domino 5.1.5 is supported on RedHat 7.2 and SuSe 8.0.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.

We are currently using TSM v.4.2.2 with the TSM server on OS/390 R2.10.
For our messaging platform we use Lotus Domino R6 running on Linux
Intel-based servers.  In order to get a good backup, we are currently
shutting down Domino, using TSM to backup all the files, and starting
Domino back up again.

We are looking at using TSM for Mail (
http://www.tivoli.com/products/index/storage-mgr-mail/) and are wondering
if anyone else on the list is using it with Domino (any version) and what
their experiences have been.

According to the "platforms" page (
http://www.tivoli.com/products/index/storage-mgr-mail/platforms.html),
Linux is not listed as a supported host operating system.  Has anyone heard
if this is a possibility for the future?