ADSM-L

Re: TSM for Mail with Lotus Domino R6 on Linux platform.

2002-11-06 19:46:31
Subject: Re: TSM for Mail with Lotus Domino R6 on Linux platform.
From: Greg Redell <GRedell AT GWL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 18:45:00 -0600
We are running an R5 environment on Win2K using TDP for Domino 1.1.2 and it
is working great.  No downtime for backups.  Just make sure to read the
manual on the policy settings, the sample scripts that come with TDP work
very well.

Greg Redell
Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Co.
Phone: 314-525-5877
Email: Gredell AT GWL DOT com

                    "Keith L.
                    Huff"                To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <khuff@WCFGROU       cc:
                    P.COM>               Subject:     TSM for Mail with Lotus
Domino R6 on Linux platform.
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    11/06/2002
                    11:37 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

We are currently using TSM v.4.2.2 with the TSM server on OS/390 R2.10.
For our messaging platform we use Lotus Domino R6 running on Linux
Intel-based servers.  In order to get a good backup, we are currently
shutting down Domino, using TSM to backup all the files, and starting
Domino back up again.

We are looking at using TSM for Mail (
http://www.tivoli.com/products/index/storage-mgr-mail/) and are wondering
if anyone else on the list is using it with Domino (any version) and what
their experiences have been.

According to the "platforms" page (
http://www.tivoli.com/products/index/storage-mgr-mail/platforms.html),
Linux is not listed as a supported host operating system.  Has anyone heard
if this is a possibility for the future?

Thanks.
Keith Huff
Workers Compensation Fund