ADSM-L

Off site copy with one drive???

2002-09-30 21:19:41
Subject: Off site copy with one drive???
From: Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:11:25 -0400
Is it possible if I have a one drive library to use a copy storage pool
for my backups?

I can backup to disk, then backup the diskpool to the copypool.  (this way
I should have all my data onsite and offsite).

How do I then reclaim my copypool volumes?  I can't reclaim to disk like I
do with my onsite volumes for some reason (I don't see why not since the
DB can track which file is on which onsite tape mount it and copy it to my
reclaimpool on disk.  Once that is done it can mount a scratch or copypool
volume and the offsite volumes would be reclaimed no?

Help please!

Thanks

Etienne Brodeur