ADSM-L

Re: Discussion: 1 server sched for all vs 1 for each node

2002-09-30 19:55:06
Subject: Re: Discussion: 1 server sched for all vs 1 for each node
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:48:11 -0500
> From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
> Markus Veit
>>if you have several client nodes, would it be better to have one client
>>schedule
>>were all nodes are in or would it be better to have one schedule
>>per node spread over time.

TSM uses a randomization factor in all schedules, so as to avoid multiple
clients all hitting the server at the same time. You didn't specify which OS
platform, so I'll point you at the Windows 5.1 Administrator Guide page 376
for details.

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Tomás Hrouda
> by my opinion you must not make extra schedules for simple
> clients, because
> files are migrated form diskpool "per node" at the time. If several
> migrations occured during backups, I thing your diskpool is too small.

This is incorrect.

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MCSE