ADSM-L

Re: upgrade to 4.2 server - what client levels supported?

2002-09-29 08:28:35
Subject: Re: upgrade to 4.2 server - what client levels supported?
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:49:20 +0300
v2 client is not supported against both v4.1 and v4.2 server. This does
not automatically mean it does not work but in case of any problem the
only answer from IBM would be "upgrade it". So you are on your own (and
maybe the ADSM-L list).
TSM v4.2 server can work and is supported with clients v4.1, v4.2 and v5.1
(the client itself for v4.1 being out of support).
The best approach is to find the latest client supporting your version of
AIX - v3.1 for AIX 4.2.1 for example.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Michelle DeVault <adsmigmo AT YAHOO DOT COM>
04.09.2002 23:06